Indulge in the comforting and chewy delight of Soft Oatmeal Cookies. These simple yet delicious treats are packed with oats, creating a hearty texture that pairs perfectly with the subtle sweetness of brown sugar and warm hints of cinnamon.
- Servings: 18 Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light or dark brown sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ¾-cup self-rising flour
- 1 ½-cup rolled oats
- 1-cup semisweet chocolate chips, optional.
- Set the oven temperature to 350F/180C in preparation for baking.
- Take a baking sheet and place it on top of a metal baking sheet, keeping it aside for later use.
- Inside a Thats' a Bowl Medium, combine butter, both sugars, and mix thoroughly with a Silicone Spatula until the mixture becomes creamy and well blended.
- Introduce vanilla and egg into the bowl, and mix once again.
- Incorporate flour, oats, and chocolate chips (if desired), and continue mixing until a uniform dough is formed.
- Use a spoon to scoop out portions of the dough and place them onto the baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for a duration of 10-12 minutes, or until they reach the desired level of softness. The cookies may appear under-baked in the center initially, but they will continue to cook as they cool. Repeat the process with the remaining dough and serve the cookies warm or at room temperature.
- Do you know where to store your cookies? Check the Modular Mates convenient kitchen containers!